High School Admissions
High Bluff Academy serves students in grades 9-12 who are seeking a small, welcoming environment and are committed to attending college directly after high school. While we do accommodate mild to moderate learning disabilities, we do not offer any remedial or vocational classes. Students should be able to perform at or above grade level in college preparatory classes.
There are no standardized entrance exams required as part of the application process. However, students may be asked to take a test or writing sample for placement purposes. Advanced Placement classes are only open to students with teacher approval.
The High Bluff Academy family takes pride in the positive student culture we have created. Our students are disciplined, respectful and accepting of diversity. In order to maintain this positive school atmosphere, students with a history of drug abuse, violence, disruptive behavior or trouble with the police, will not be considered for admission. We also expect our parents to be positive role models and treat our staff and students with respect.
Tuition for domestic students for the 2018/2019 academic year:
Tuition for up to 8 Group classes (no discount is given if students choose to take fewer classes, a group class is defined as 3 students or more)
Grades 9 & 10 $16,000
Grade 11 $17,000
Grade 12 $18,000
If students choose to take a class one-on-one, an extra charge will be incurred. This may occur if a student is below grade level in math or if they would like to take a class that is not being offered as a group or at a time that fits with their personal schedules. (For example, some of our high performance athletes have minimum days to accommodate coaching and tournaments.)
High Bluff Academy accepts students at the beginning of each term. Admission is closed once the term begins. The deadlines below are guidelines and are somewhat flexible.
- Application deadline is November 15, 2017
- Term begins January 31, 2018
- Application deadline is March 15, 2018
- Term begins August 29, 2018
- Complete the basic application form: Application Form International students please apply here.
- Submit it with an unofficial copy of the student’s transcripts and the $100 application fee.
- Print out two of the reference forms (page 8 of application) and give to two people from the student’s current school: teachers, counselors, or administrators.
- Have the student answer the essay questions on page 9 of the application.
- Call us to set up an interview, if you have not done so already.