Full and partial scholarships are available for our group courses for credit only and are reserved for students attending schools in the San Dieguito Union High School District who are referred by their high school counselors or principals. Scholarship applicants must have at least a 3.2 academic GPA (only college prep classes indicated with a P or AP). Summer classes are very fast-paced and are not recommended for students who require special accommodations.
High Bluff Academy would love to be able to help all students who contact us for tuition assistance, however, our only source of funding is tuition, which must cover all of the costs of running the program. We hope that scholarship applicants will be honest in their requests for tuition assistance so that those students who truly need a scholarship will be able to receive one. If you are able to pay partial tuition, please indicate this on the scholarship form. You will be more likely to receive a partial scholarship. Scholarships are only granted for group classes.
First priority is given to students who are referred to us by their high school counselors. They know the students best and only refer students that they feel will gain the most from our courses.
Each family’s financial situation is unique, but as a general guideline, full-tuition is usually granted to parents making less than $60,000 and partial tuition is granted to parents making $90,000 or less. All families are required to pay a deposit of at least $100.
Summer 2017: April 15th
Fall 2017: July 15th
Here are the steps to apply for a scholarship:
- Fill out and submit the Scholarship Application along with the student essay.
- Have the student write a 250-500 word letter which includes the following:
- Tell us about yourself and your family
- Explain why you wish to enroll in the course or program.
- Describe your goals for the future.
- Give the Scholarship Reference Form to two school employees: teachers, counselors, or principals and urge them to fax it to us at (858) 630-3606 or mail it as soon as possible.
- Please include a copy of the student’s transcript. It does not have to be an official copy.
- Include a copy of the first page of your family’s tax return for the most recent tax year. If this is not ready at the time of application, please include W-2′s for both parents if applicable.
We would like to meet each student briefly. This does not have to be a formal interview. They can stop in and meet with one of our staff. Just call before coming.Scholarship Application Form Scholarship Reference Form