HIGH SCHOOL ADMISSIONS
High Bluff Academy serves students in grades 9-12 who are seeking a small, welcoming environment and are committed to attending college directly after high school. While we do accommodate mild to moderate learning disabilities, we do not offer any remedial or vocational classes. Students should be able to perform at or above grade level in college preparatory classes.
There are no standardized entrance exams required as part of the application process. However, students may be asked to take a test or writing sample for placement purposes. Advanced Placement classes are only open to students with teacher approval.
The High Bluff Academy family takes pride in the positive student culture we have created. Our students are disciplined, respectful and accepting of diversity. In order to maintain this positive school atmosphere, students with a history of abuse, violence, disruptive behavior or trouble with the police, will not be considered for admission.
HBA students are highly motivated toward their goals of college admission. They are talented athletes, musicians, equestrians and artists. They are supportive of their peers and respectful toward their teachers. They value their relationships in our small classes and the professional climate of our facilities. We are proud of the hard work they have done and take pleasure in their individuality and creativity. If you are looking for a school where your student’s voice is heard and he or she is appreciated and understood, then HBA might be the school you are seeking.
To get started, call us or drop by for a tour. It is helpful to bring a copy of your child’s transcript so that we can see if we can offer the classes he or she needs. We have the flexibility to remediate low grades from a previous school term. We have the option to offer group classes in combination with one-on-one classes.
Our students are happy, motivated and successful!
Tuition for domestic students Grades 8-12:
1) Complete the online application form and pay the $100 application fee. (International students please apply here)
2) Submit it with an unofficial copy of the student’s transcripts or email transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Once you submit the names and emails of your recommenders, HBA will contact them with the electronic forms.
4) Have the student answer the essay questions and submit online or email to email@example.com
5) If you have not done so already, call us to set up an interview.