" rel="nofollow">Chat with us, powered by" rel="noopener nofollow" target="_blank">LiveChat

If you are a public school student in the San Dieguito Union High School District (SDUHSD)  which includes Torrey Pines and Canyon Crest, you can transfer up to 30 units or 6 semester classes to your public school transcript. They will be calculated into your GPA and count toward the 230 unit high school graduation requirement. Poway School District will accept 20 units. San Diego City Schools leaves it up to each individual principal or school site.

Students can take more than 30 units at High Bluff, but the additional classes will have to be sent to the colleges on a separate transcript. Universities are fine with multiple transcripts and they will recalculate your GPA according to their own guidelines. All courses will be factored into your overall GPA for college admissions. You just need to make sure that you will have the required 230 units to graduate from your high school. You can take more electives, an internship, work experience, or independent P.E. to satisfy this requirement.

Below is the minimum course requirements you need for graduation at a California public school. (160 units) The remaining 70 units can be any course of your choosing.

4 years of English

3 years of Math

3 years of history/ social studies

2 years of science

1 year of Visual or Performing Arts (VPA)

2 years of P.E.

1 year of Career or Technical Education (CTE)

Get Directions
Call Now