We know how stressful your life can be. Trying to achieve balance between sports, activities and building a great college resume can take its toll. HBA has designed its programs to help you raise your GPA, improve your skills as a student and get ahead of the game.
HBA SUMMER AND FALL CLASSES ARE DESIGNED ESPECIALLY FOR TORREY PINES H.S. STUDENTS
High Bluff Academy offers accredited courses for students who will be entering grades 9-12. Students from Torrey Pines H.S. have been benefitting from our classes since 2002. HBA teachers are experts in delivering high quality courses in a short amount of time. All classes listed in our Fall offerings rotate on the TPHS bell schedule.
WHY is High Bluff Academy such a great place to spend your summer?
- ACCELERATE your learning by taking a math class so you can jump ahead next school year and meet prereqs for AP classes
- REMEDIATE any low grades by retaking classes to raise your GPA and enhance your understanding of the material
- PREPARE for AP science classes by taking our Honors Chemistry or College Prep Physics
- LIGHTEN your academic load next school year by taking one of your challenging subjects this summer
- IMPROVE your writing and critical reading skills by taking our English classes.
RISING SENIORS: TAKE OUR AP MACROECONOMICS CLASS THIS SUMMER
Taking Economics over the summer will free up your fall schedule giving you more time for college applications.
NEW AP Seminar class offered on Sunday afternoons this Fall. Learn more here.
NEW AP HUMAN GEOGRAPHY FALL PERIOD 1 – Explore current issues and cultures
To enroll in a class you will need to:
1. Fill out our enrollment agreement and pay the nonrefundable $250 deposit. May 1st is the deadline to pay the balance of the tuition.
2. For the courses for high school credit, print out the SDUHSD OFF CAMPUS FORM and the High Bluff Course Description and submit these to your high school counselor. (We do not need to sign these forms.)
3. Bring the course description and request form to your counselor as early as possible. Colleges will accept courses on a High Bluff Academy transcript. You will only need to get your counselor’s permission if you are 1) remediating a low grade, 2) using the course to fulfill a high school graduation requirement or 3) requesting permission to accelerate to a higher level course.
Already used up your 30 units of off-campus credit? Colleges will accept classes directly from an HBA transcript. You do not need to transfer any classes beyond the basic high school graduation requirements (ie: Spanish, physics, a fourth year of math).
NEED HELP PLANNING YOUR SUMMER AND FALL? WE CAN HELP. CALL US TO SCHEDULE A MEETING WITH ONE OF OUR EXPERTS. IT’S FREE! (858)509-9101.