HBA Summer School 2019
Welcome to High Bluff Academy!
My name is Jill Duoto, and I am the Founder and Director of HBA in San Diego. I started this school in 2002 to provide a highly specialized educational experience that would afford students every advantage in the college selection process and will prepare them for success once admitted to college. Over 6,000 students have taken our courses for credit. They have ranged from students challenged with learning disabilities to those aiming for the Ivy Leagues. In all cases, High Bluff Academy has helped them to achieve their goals.
We recently partnered with IvyMax Learning Centers to offer our classes to public school students in five cities throughout California. As college entrance requirements become more competitive, students need to utilize their summers and weekends to improve their grade point averages, prepare for honors and AP classes, and take the prerequisite courses for higher level study.
Beginning in Fall 2019, we are proud to offer the AP Capstone Diploma. This prestigious degree granted by the College Board consists of any four AP courses along with two new research courses: AP Seminar and AP Research. Students in grades 10-12 can take AP Seminar either as a stand-alone AP course or as part of the Diploma.
We will also be adding U.C. approved lab science courses at our satellite campuses. HBA offers 18 AP classes, so if you do not see a course that you want on our schedule, please reach out to us and let us know.
Fremont Campus: June 17 – July 26
Cupertino and Pleasanton: June 10 – July 19
WHY is High Bluff Academy such a great place to spend your summer?
- ACCELERATE your learning by taking a math or Spanish class so you can jump ahead next school year
- REMEDIATE any low grades by retaking classes to raise your GPA and enhance your understanding of the material
- PREPARE for AP science classes by taking our Honors Chemistry or Physics
- LIGHTEN your academic load next school year by taking one of your challenging subjects this summer
To view our class schedule for summer, please click here.
To enroll in a class you will need to:
1. Fill out our enrollment agreement and pay the nonrefundable $250 deposit through PayPal. You will be sent an invoice for the balance of the tuition which is due by May 1st.
2. Please see your counselor for instructions if you plan to transfer the credit or use it as a prerequisite for another course. You can print out the Course Description on the enrollment page (click on the course title in blue and it will take you to the Course Description page) and fill out our Request for Transfer of Credit form if your school does not have a form of their own.